Wednesday, June 24, 2009

CupcakeStop Red Velvet





CupcakeStop Red Velvet Mini-Cupcake, www.cupcakestop.com

Taste: The frosting is cream cheese frosting, sweet and yet light, distinctly a cream cheese icing, but much lighter than many I've tasted, but the cream cheese flavor is distinct and pleasant. The cake doesn't have a ton of flavor, but I like that it is distinctly sweet, even though it doesn't taste very chocolatey. Overall Taste Rating: 3.75 out of 5 sprinkles

Texture:
The icing is ultra-whipped and light, one of the lightest textured cream cheese frostings I've encountered. By far the fluffiest cream cheese frosting yet tasted! Ultra smooth. The cake is very moist-- in fact, I would describe the texture as velvety-- something that is definitely an accolade for a red velvet cupcake. Great textures! Overall Texture Rating: 5 out of 5 sprinkles

Aesthetic:
I was given two STYLES of red velvet in my CupcakeStop assortment pack-- one had red sugar crystals sprinkled on top, and the other did not and had a taller swirl of red frosting. I can't decide which I like better! They're both so cute-- the red sugar sprinkles definitely add something decorative, but I like the way the icing is swirled high on the other one. Rich red color. And miniature, so extra cuteness points for that. Overall Aesthetic Rating: 4 out of 5 Sprinkles

Satisfaction:
I liked it! A nice bite size treat, and much lighter than a typical red velvet cupcake, which usually has a denser, heavier frosting. Enjoyable. Overall Satisfaction Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Sprinkles

Overall Cupcake Ranking: 17.25 Sprinkles (out of 20 possible)
(Miniature!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 CupcakeRankings.com