Sunday, June 21, 2009

Flour & Sun Bakery Red Velvet


Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting, Flour & Sun Bakery, Pleasantville, NY, http://www.flourandsunbakery.com/, $2.75 each

Taste: This is a very sweet cream cheese frosting-- delicious, but very sweet for a cream cheese frosting. Cake is not overly flavorful, but pleasant, and eaten together with the icing, this is a sweet treat! Overall Taste Rating: 4 out of 5 Sprinkles

Texture: The frosting isa little grainy, I can feel the crystals of sugar mixed in with it, but it is fluffy and light, and the cake has a good medium texture, not dry at all though I wouldn't call it moist. Overall Texture Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Sprinkles.

Aesthetic: I like the look of this cupcake!! I love how there is such a large quantity of icing, and I love how decadently its swirled, the way its swirled reminds me of a rose! The cupcake is even and proportionate, and the icing application is just swirled in a beautiful and generous way. The red velvet cake has a rich red color, and the frosting is a beautiful pure white. Overall Aesthetic Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Sprinkles

Satisfaction: Not the best Red Velvet cupcake I've had-- Two Little Red Hens and Crumbs were superior-- but a pleasant treat, and I enjoyed it well enough. Overall Satisfaction Rating: 3 out of 5 Sprinkles

Overall Cupcake Ranking: 15 Sprinkles (out of 20 possible)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 CupcakeRankings.com