Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My First Visit to the CupcakeStop Truck!




CupcakeStop finally came to Midtown today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been 19 days since the CupcakeStop made its debut, but after one short-lived stop in midtown last week (which I missed due to work), this is only the second time the Cupcake Truck has driven to midtown (where I work)! Conveniently, they pulled up only two blocks from my office, so I dashed away from my desk, into the rain, to get my hands on my first ever CupcakeStop cupcakes!

Upon my arrival at the Cupcake Truck, I met Lev Ekster himself, the man behind the CupcakeStop. I introduced myself and told him I had not yet tasted any CupcakeStop cupcakes, and he said he would fix that right away, disappeared for a moment into the truck, and immediately reappeared and hooked me up with a variety pack of twelve assorted mini cupcakes and educated me about what flavors were in my pack. It was my pleasure to review the day's five flavors:

Pineapple with Brown Sugar
(18.25 Sprinkles)
Red Velvet (17.25 Sprinkles)
Oreo Crumb (16.5 Sprinkles)
Vanilla on Vanilla (15.75 Sprinkles)
Mint Chocolate Chip (14.25 Sprinkles)

Read the review for each flavor by clicking the links above! As of today (June 24, 2009), this visit to CupcakeStop puts three new cupcakes in the CupcakeRankings.com Official Cupcake Rankings Top 10, with the Pineapple Brown Sugar cupcake becoming the fourth highest ranked cupcake!

I very much enjoyed my first visit to the CupcakeStop, and hope to return to it on its next visit to midtown to try more of their innovative flavors (check out the menu at www.cupcakestop.com). I especially liked the proprietor, who was so nice-- and I like that a man is behind the city's hottest new cupcake sensation, since often people think cupcakes are such a girly thing-- men love cupcakes too! I also feel a certain kinship with Mr. Ekster, mingled with some envy-- I am a full time lawyer/part-time cupcake enthusiast, whereas he is a full time cupcakery owner/ nonpracticing lawyer. He said running the CupcakeStop is a lot of work, but I bet (and hope) its also a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. These small cakes so good creative ah, do not know how to taste, I believe will be very good.
    ed hardy

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 CupcakeRankings.com