Sunday, May 17, 2009

Crumbs Bake Shop: Banana Split Cupcake
















So, this cupcake caught my eye-- the Crumbs Banana Split cupcake. Pretty, right? Unfortunately, it looks better than it tasted.

Taste: The cake just tasted like (and may have been) regular vanilla cake, and was delicious. Inside, there was a bonus pocket of filling that was yummy and vanilla and a bit like vanilla ice cream. Yum! But, the icing on top is where the taste went wrong. It was very artificially banana flavored, and the banana was very strong and not very pleasant. I couldn't even taste the chocolate, and the cherry was candied and ultra-ultra-sweet. Being like a banana split appears to be where the banana split cupcake went wrong! I had hoped it would be banana cake inside, with perhaps a chocolate fudge filling inside and whipped vanilla icing on top. Overall Taste Rating: 3 out of 5 sprinkles.
Texture: Despite the taste being unsatisfying, the icing and filling inside were both creamy and melt-in-my-mouth, and the texture of the inside filling was especially pleasant and felt like ice cream in my mouth! The cake was Crumbs delicious moist vanilla cake. Overall Texture Rating: 5 out of 5 sprinkles!!
Aesthetic: The appearance was what lured me into purchasing this cupcake at all! Big, beautiful, over an inch of white frosting on top and latticed with chocolate and topped off with a cherry! Overall Aesthetic Rating: 5 out of 5 sprinkles!!
Satisfaction: As pleased as I was by the appearance and texture of the cupcake, the taste was a big disappointment, and I was left with an aftertaste of artificial banana flavoring. Yuck! But, had I wanted to enjoy the cupcake, I could have eaten the cake and inside filling and left the banana icing to the side and it would have been yummy. Overall Satisfaction Rating: 4 out of 5 sprinkles

Cupcake Ranking: 17 Sprinkles (out of 20 possible)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 CupcakeRankings.com