Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Two Little Red Hens: Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting



Red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting from Two Little Red Hens (http://www.twolittleredhens.com), purchased at Food Emporium for $3.99

Taste: I am in HEAVEN right now! The cream cheese frosting is hands down one of the best I've ever tasted. Sweet yet tangy and rich, I wish words could describe how this tastes! The red velvet cake is tasty too-- red velvet is interesting because, although red in color, it's supposed to be chocolate cake with red color dye. With eyes closed, the cake definitely did taste like chocolate cake. Overall Taste Rating: 5 out of 5 sprinkles!!!

Texture: The texture on the frosting is almost as incredible as the taste-- rich and thick and yet it just melts in my mouth. I could eat a vat of just this frosting, I swear!!! The cake texture is good, pretty soft and moist, but for red velvet cake, it's not velvety enough to earn 5 sprinkles. Overall Texture Rating: 4 out of 5 sprinkles!

Aesthetic:
The aerial view of the cupcake shows how precisely the icing is applied. How do they achieve such a perfect swirl??!!!! The red color is vibrant, and the dusting of red velvet crumbs in the center of the white frosting adds a beautiful touch. Overall Aesthetic Rasting: 5 out of 5 sprinkles!!

Satisfaction:
Overall, the icing on this cupcake was the best thing I've ever tasted, and the cake was good but not wowing me on an exceptional level. Mostly, I was craving MORE icing-- not that the icing on the cupcake was exactly paltry, but I was just desperately left wanting MORE icing, which led to less than 100% satisfaction. I also feel a slight stomachache coming on, but that is probably my fault for violating my 3 bite rule and eating all of the icing off the top of the cupcake! This is a dangerous line of work! Overall Satisfaction Rating: 4 out of 5 sprinkles

Overall Cupcake Ranking: 18 Sprinkles (out of 20 possible)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 CupcakeRankings.com